Friday, August 14, 2009

A Memorable Birthday and Photos (Finally)

Those are my friends. (I can't figure out how to rotate the photo, sorry!) Dana has sunglasses on her head, Alicea is in the purple shirt and the other girl is Katheryn.
My host sister, Monica, at the quinceanera.

This is from the quinceanera I went to. It was very much so like a wedding.


That's Volcan Chicontepec.



The little village down below is where I live.

First and foremost, thank you all so very much for the birthday wishes, cards and Facebook wallposts. You can't imagine how much joy seeing 48 new Facebook updates and receiving nearly 1o pieces of mail (which made some other PCTs very envious, by the way) brought me.

I have to give a big thanks to my PC training class that bought Sarah (who's birthday is today) and me a birthday cake and sang to us during our training session on Tuesday. It was a real treat to be able to celebrate together as a group. Also, a VERY HUGE THANK YOU goes out to my friends Dana, Carol, Alicea, Kat, Adam, Dylan, Axel and Brian who all came together and threw me an amazing birthday party at Carol's host family's home (muchas gracias a Conchita). We feasted on the best macaroni and cheese with a crunchy garlic bread crumb topping (made expertly by Dana), a mouthwateringly amazing veggie stirfry, and we washed it all down with fresh sqeezed orange juice from Conchita's (Carol's host mom) homegrown oranges. We enjoyed the evening eating (and eating), drinking and talking. Of course I was missing you all at home, but my 22nd birthday is certainly one that I will remember fondly.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but they take quite some time to upload. More to follow...

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery. So reminiscent of Equador. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great seeing your beautiful smiling face and meet your friends. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having a fabulous time!! Great work you are doing too! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosellen,

    You are making everyone proud! What an adventure to savor.I donated to El Salvador in honor of my mother's 94th birthday-When your project becomes available to accept specific donations-be prepared!!!Karen

    ReplyDelete